It’s the 2nd day of 2016!!! Wow! Time flies so fast.Thank you 2015 for the memories, except for the “getting fattier” days with you. I should be more active this year to get rid of these fats! hahaha.
Speaking of getting rid of these fats, I want to make a New Year’s Resolution. Well, I am really not into making these resolutions because I have the tendency to break them, but since I am turning to the big 30 in a few months, I think I have to be serious with becoming healthier.
- Eat Healthier Foods. More fruits and vegetables, less cola and sweet beverages, less junk foods, less rice (I’m such a rice eater, like I want to have rice for every meal!)
- Stay Out of Bed. I love sleeping, who doesn’t want to sleep, right? However, sometimes I sleep too much or stay in bed for long hours and it’s not anymore healthy. I need to be more active and do exercise.
- Sleep early and Rise early. “Early to bed and early to to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise”. Yes, I need to stay out of bed often but I also need to sleep early, and rise early. I have been sleeping past midnight, blaming it on my body clock. But I hope to change that. Aside from the bad health effects it may give me, it has also been giving me dark circles and big eye bags. Gross.
- Less Time for Social Media. I admit I am a social media addict. I spent a lot of time on social media, checking statuses of friends, posting great or bad moments, checking photos and videos, etc. I know its taking its toll on my health.
- Take Care of My Teeth. I don’t have a good set of teeth and I hated that eversince I became more aware and conscious of it. Everytime I give a big smile in photos or laughmy heart out, I get upset because it will just show my big, bad set of teeth. I really think I need those metals.
- Spend more time ‘skyping’ or chatting with love ones. Being away with my family is one of the hardest things but thankfully I was able to overcome it. We only had a few talks with my siblings and parents the last year, I hope this year, we would spend more time talking.
- Capture Memories. I love taking photographs of people, nature, buildings, streets, and architecture and I hope I can capture as many good and amazing things this year. I just updated my point and shoot camera into a NikonD3200 and I can’t wait to making and capturing many wonderful memories.
- Read the Whole Bible Again. Honestly, I have not been giving much attention to reading the Bible these days. I mean, my commitment has long been gone. I would rather read my e-bible or another book for that matter. Right now, I’m reading The Little Prince. I felt guilty or convicted about it. So, now I’m recommitting myself to reading the whole Bible again for this year. Lord, please help me with this.
- Pray More. There is so much to pray for, not just for myself and my family but for everyone. There are those who are lost, who need Jesus in their lives. Others need comfort, complete healing, others are suffering because of poverty, victims of wars, refugees, and a lot more. My heart goes out to them and I commit to pray for them that they may find healing, comfort, peace, and love.
- Travel More. Last year, I didn’t get to travel a lot so I wish that 2016 will give me more opportunities to travel, especially in other countries. And, travelling solo would be a dream. I’m starting saving for that.
Those are the top 10 in my list. I hope and pray that I will be able to get all those done this year.
How about you? What are your New Year’s Resolutions?